Rosie and Reef

Rosie and Reef
Know what Dog's Love

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Diabetes and Dogs

My beautiful Rosie has diabetes. We are working through it all, and trying to get the insulin to the right level. We are on 16 units twice a day now, and still not really being effective. I would love to hear from anyone with the same difficulties.

I HATE giving Rosie shots everyday. It kills me, although she doesn't seem too bothered. She is now about 10 and half years old. Her hips bother her a lot too. She is still happy and alert-and loves food and treats. She isn't ready to cross the rainbow bridge yet, so I am doing my best for her, as she has done her best for me over the years. I love her, can't bear the thought of losing her, so I keep working at it.

I did quite a bit of research when I found out she had it. Nothing online really helped me. I even tried a supplement I found that was supposed to help her...but...nothing.

If anyone out there has some tips, good cookies for diabetic dogs, ANYTHING-even just your own experience, I would love to hear!!

No comments:

Post a Comment